What are Cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to the browser that you use when you visit a site. The entity that places cookies on your browser can then read the information on that cookie that it set. Cookies are typically classified as either “session cookies” which do not stay on your device after you close your browser or “persistent cookies” which will usually remain on your device until you delete them or they expire. Different cookies are used to perform different functions:
- Some cookies are essential and enable you to move around the pages and use their features, such as accessing product detail page.
- Without these cookies, we cannot enable appropriate content based on the type of device you are using.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow us to remember choices you make on our websites (such as your preferred language or the region you are in).
- These cookies may be used to tailor the Services or the content, look and feel delivered to you on subsequent sessions to our Services. For example, if you personalize webpages, or use specific parts of the Services, a cookie helps our webpage server recall your specific information.
- When you next navigate through the pages, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily understand the content you previously chose and saw.
- We use our own cookies and/or third-party cookies and other identifiers (such as web beacons) to see how you use our Services in order to enhance their performance and develop them according to the preferences of our customers and visitors.
- For example, cookies and web beacons may be used to: maintain a consistent look and feel across our Services; track and provide trend analysis on how our users interact with our Services; track errors and measure the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
Cookies over extensions/modules?
- Our cookies do not collect data from your online store.
- Cookies created by any extension/module is created to be handled and managed only to your store.
- We do not use any third party cookies on our extensions/modules.
We also use Google Analytics on our Services to help us analyze how our Services are used. Google Analytics uses performance cookies to track visitor interactions. For example, by using cookies, Google can tell us which pages our users view, which are most popular, what time of day our websites are visited, whether visitors have been to our websites before, what website referred the visitor to our websites, and other similar information.
We have little control over these “third party” cookies, so we suggest that you check the respective privacy policies for these external services to help you understand what data these organizations hold about you and what they do with it.
- strong>Google Analytics: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
We may also use electronic images known as web beacons on our pages - sometimes called “clear GIFs”, “single-pixel GIFs”, or “web bugs”. Web beacons are used to deliver cookies on our pages, count clicks/users/visitors, and deliver co-branded content or services. We may include web beacons in our promotional e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
Our pages may also contain web beacons from third parties to help us compile aggregated statistics regarding the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns or other website operations. These web beacons may allow the third parties to set or read cookies on your device.
There are a number of ways you can manage what cookies are set on you devices. Essential cookies, however, cannot be disabled. If you do not allow certain cookies to be installed, the Services may not be accessible to you and/or the performance, features, or Services of the website may be compromised.
- If you would like to disable advertising cookies, you can visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com. If you choose to turn off these cookies you will still see advertising on the internet but it may not be tailored to your interests.
- It does not mean that you won’t be served any advertisements while online. You can also manage this type of cookie in the privacy settings on the web browser you are using. Please see below for more information.
You can disable and/or delete most types of cookies by using your browser settings. Please note that if you use your browser settings to block all cookies you may not be able to access parts of our or others’ services. The following links provide information on how to modify the cookies settings on some popular browsers:
- Apple Safari http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
- Google Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647&p=cpn_cookies
- Microsoft Internet Explorer http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/How-to-manage-cookies-in-Internet-Explorer-9
- Mozilla Firefox http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Cookies
- If you wish to opt out of our ability to track you across devices, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
Do Not Track Signals
- There is no uniform or consistent standard or definition for responding to, processing, or communicating Do Not Track signals. At this time the Services do not function differently based a user’s Do Not Track signal. For more information on Do Not Track signals, see All About Do Not Track.